Monday, May 11, 2009

Assignment inspiration...

Would love to have a bedroom that had this outlook - How nice to wake up to!

I have always wanted a vintage mannequin - still on the hunt...


Calm & restful - I love unusually shaped rooms!


Couldn't resist a beautiful french bed!


Have always loved this bedroom of Chrissie Jeffries


Love the shot of pink amongst the whites


This one has a relaxed, coastal feel


Love the scalloped edges of the bed linen!

I have been stuck at home today as we had painters and glass men here to fix some minor damage from a storm last year, so I made the most of my time and have been hunting for inspiration for one of my next assignments - a bedroom soft furnishings scheme! I found some great images on Flickr and thought I would share a snippet or two (or three)!

Kelly xxx

3 comments:

  1. I am also hunting for a vintage mannequin. My grandmother was a professional seamstress. The dressmaker's mannequin scared me when I was a small girl. She kept it in a dark closet with orders not to touch, as she could change sizes to fit her customer. My son has been looking for me. Some of them are not expensive but if you find one on E-Bay it costs more to ship. Loved you pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I just discovered your blog via Absolutely Beautiful Things. These bedrooms you have posted are so beautiful! I love the bedroom with the pink cushion too, I've saved that from an issue of Home Beautiful (I think it was).

    I bought an antique dressmakers mannequin from France last year on ebay. It cost more for shipping than the piece itself, but it's so beautiful!

    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. dressing mannequinsAugust 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM

    I've been looking for a vintage mannequin as well!! I'm loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting - I love to hear your thoughts xxx